Friday, November 04, 2005

Nuevos Soles & Souvenirs

I had two goals for the day: to get a cash advance (I was quickly running out of money) and buy some souvenirs for my loved ones back home. It took me about 2 hours of negotiating Spanish instructions at the bank; there is a ticketing system where they call your number. I queued for the wrong services twice, until I was helped by an English speaking bank employee. This was a test of my patience, but I'm glad that it was a struggle. After this encounter, I had a renewed respect for anyone coming to the US and trying to do something as simple as open a bank account or get a home telephone from the phone company.

I strolled around Cuzco for the remainder of the day, buying t-shirts and carved figurines, browsing for paintings, and eating. I sent a few emails to family, had dinner, and went to bed early. I had a paragliding appointment tomorrow.

No comments: